CTUG Regular Executive Board Meeting
April 2, 2004 - Meeting Minutes
12:14PM-1:01PM Eastern Time (US & Canada).
- Previous meeting approval
- Approved by Pio, seconded by John
- Montreal Technical Session - ITUG Review Update
- Preamble: Session content tentatively finalized,
promotion to begin in earnest following conference.
Proposed date was during the week of May 10th. Promotion of the French only
event was to begin on April 15th, following the spring conference.
- Discussion: Since neither Marc nor Denis were
available, there wasn't much progress to report on the logistical details
for the technical session, such as date, cost and registration fees.
- New Action Item: Javid to arrange a conference call
with Marc and Denis to finalize details.
- Previous Action Item: Marc to distribute the tentative
conference agenda, in French, to the board for preparation for the launch of
promotion of the Technical Session. Status: Done
- Previous Action Item: Randall and Philippe to prepare
for launch of web site content in French on April 15th Status:
Almost complete. Philippe indicated that he was happy with the content of
the French portion of the website, and there was only a little bit that need
tweaking before it was ready. Randall asked Philippe to provide him with the
- Previous Action Item: John and Philippe to prepare for
launch of email promotions in French on April 15th Status:
John indicated that his focus was on the upcoming spring conference, so
communications had not been prepared for the launch of promotion of the
Montreal technical session on April 15th. Javid said that there was enough
time to move forward, providing all of the details were known.
- Spring Conference Planning
- Preamble: Date and Location: April 14, 2004 at the
Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Education Day on April 15, 2004. Speakers
confirmed: Paul Tsaparis, President and CEO of HP (Canada) to give welcome
to the conference; Scott Healey to give keynote speech; Suri Harish to give
NED update; Richard Buckle, Chairman of ITUG, to give an ITUG update; Terry
Shannon of ShannonknowsHP to give his perspective. Education Day Course
selected: Web Services for the NonStop Server. Course schedule confirmed.
- Early Registration Deadline has passed. Web site has been updated to new
- Fred Griffith and Karim Hasham have volunteered to help out at the
conference. The most need is during the registration process.
- John indicated that he had received an email from Ernie Guerrerra
regarding NuWave's vendor track and bio. As it appeared that the bio was not
brief enough and the full presentation was provided rather than the
abstract, Javid said he would follow up with Ernie regarding what CTUG
- New Action Item: Javid to follow up with NuWave
regarding abstract and bio.
- Javid said that the speaker content was mostly finalized. He was
awaiting details from HP regarding Paul Tsaparis's bio and abstract. Dick
said that this was forthcoming.
- Javid reported that Terry Shannon's presentation was still being
finalized. Javid had requested a conference call with Dick and Terry to firm
up the details. This was to happen soon.
- Javid asked if anyone was going to the Education Day.: Pio, Philippe,
John, Dick and Javid indicated that they would be attending.
- Javid reported the numbers relating to registration. The numbers were 76
people registered, 11 to pay at the door. These were fantastic results, and
Javid said that the board should be very proud of the work that was being
done. Dick said that a few more people were coming from out west to hear the
- Pio was in contact with other vendors and had received a number of
commitments for door prizes. The full list of prizes was contained in the
conference checklist. Vendors were however, reluctant to sponsor any of the
- Discussion Item: Pio received shirts, pad and pens. He
requested help in carting them to the convention centre. John volunteered.
Nancy was to fax to Alvin the invoice for payment.
- New Action Item: Javid to confirm the earliest time
- New Action Item: Pio to preprint badges based on the
list of registrations provided by Javid
- Line Item Review of Conference Checklist Items
- Adjourned at 1:01 PM. Moved by Randall, seconded by Philippe.
- Next Meeting: April 9th, 2004
- Minutes taken by: Javid Quadri