CTUG Regular Executive Board Meeting
February 13, 2004 - Minutes
12:10PM - 1:25PM
- Previous meeting approval
- Approval moved by Pio, seconded by Alvin
- Spring Conference Planning - Communications
- Previous Action Item: Javid/Dick to inform HP Education of the topic for
selection of education day course
- Status: Course selected is Web Services for NonStop. ITUG has not
confirmed this despite numerous attempts at confirmation.
- Action Item: Javid to persist in follow up with ITUG
- Action Item: Dick to contact HP if necessary.
- General Liability Insurance for board members
- Action Item: (Carry Over) Randy to provide Javid with additional contact
numbers for additional quotes.
- Status: Randy indicated that the contacts he intended to pass along were
no longer viable.
- Action Item: Javid to pursue other options
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Previous Action Item: Javid to provide Marlon with a copy of the
document for signature. Status: Done
- Received so far: Dick, Alvin, John, Philippe, Marc
- Not received: Randall, Marlon, Pio
- Pio indicated that he would send his to Javid following the meeting.
- Status: Ongoing
- Montreal Technical Session - ITUG Review Update
- Marc indicated that, in his opinion, an update from Claude would not be
as popular as bringing in an outside speaker. Marc thought that an outside
speaker would provide a different perspective on the state of NonStop. Dick
indicated that regarding the current status of NonStop, Claude was well
qualified to provide the update. Javid indicated that an outside speaker may
be cost prohibitive. Dick suggested that ITUG be contacted to see if any of
the RUG road shows could visit Montreal. Javid indicated that he would
follow up with ITUG. Marc would discuss with Angelo, Denis and Claude as to
the best course of action and report back.
- Action Item: Marc, Angelo, Denis and Claude to consider
the direction of the session.
- Action Item: Javid to follow up with ITUG regarding the
logistics of a road show coming to Montreal.
- ITUG Conference Call of Friday Feb 6th
- A conference call was hosted by ITUG with representation from a number
of RUG leaders to discuss events being hosted by different Regional User
Groups and issues relevant to ITUG.
- Javid and Dick participated in the call. The big news reported was that
Stephanie Serra has left ITUG to pursue other opportunities. As a result,
there was a void in the ITUG office that was being filled on a part time
basis by Matt and Christie Johnson. RUG leaders reported on the status of
their meetings. ITUG requested for their conference, if anyone could submit
a user presentation. ITUG is building a list of Hot Topics to be used by
RUGs at their sessions - submissions are welcome.
- Spring Conference Planning
- Date and Location: April 14, 2004 at the Metro Toronto Convention
Centre. Education Day on April 15, 2004.
- Speakers confirmed: Paul Tsaparis, President and CEO of HP (Canada) to
give welcome to the conference; Scott Healey to give keynote speech; Suri
Harish to give NED update; Richard Buckle, Chairman of ITUG, to give an ITUG
- Education Day Course selected: Web Services for the NonStop Server -
awaiting ITUG and HP confirmation
- Javid confirmed that an additional speaker, Terry Shannon, had committed
to speaking at the conference.
- Discussion: Javid proposed two conference schedules,
one with three speakers, one with four speakers. The consensus was that the
3 speaker schedule was better, as it was not as intense and allowed time for
members to circulate.
- Action Item: Randall to post the conference schedule on
- Discussion: Javid requested that board members choose
the colour of shirts. Consensus was reached that this year's selection would
- Action Item: Pio to order the shirts, and pens/pads for
delivery in time for the conference.
- Philippe 'volunteered' to be official photographer at the conference.
- Line Item Review of Conference Checklist Items
- Adjourned at 1:25 PM
- Minutes taken by: Javid Quadri