CTUG Special Technical Session Board Meeting
January 21, 2004 - Minutes
12:10PM – 1:15PM
- Previous meeting approval
- Approval moved by John, seconded by Alvin
- Technical Session - Toronto – Presentations
- Action Item: Javid to provide feedback to presenters.
- Status: Done
- Spring Conference Planning – Communications
- Action Item: Javid to provide Dick with vendor list for review
- Status: Done
- Action Item: Javid/Dick to inform HP Education of the topic for
selection of education day course.
- Status: Javid and Dick to discuss as soon as possible.
- General Liability Insurance for board members
- Action Item: Javid to follow up with KRG regarding quote.
- Status: Javid reported that KRG had indicated that it would not
be able to provide a quote. The reason given was that because the
organization has not previously had insurance, and the insurers did not
really understand the risk involved.
- Action Item: (Carry over) Randy to provide Javid
with additional contact numbers for additional quotes.
- Status: Javid reported that this is still in progress.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Received so far: Dick, Alvin, John, Philippe, Marc
- Not received: Randall, Marlon, Pio
- Status: Ongoing.
- Action Item: Javid to provide Marlon with a copy of
the document for signature.
- Montreal Technical Session – ITUG Review Update
- Status: Denis reported that discussions were underway with Angelo
and Claude from HP. The plan under discussion was to have an event around
the date of the Spring Conference where the purpose was to raise the level
of awareness regarding the developments in the NonStop environment. The
topic discussed was an HP review of the status of NonStop based on
presentations initially made at ITUG. The forum was to be 1/2 day or 1 day
depending on the content. Surveys would be collected to identify future
topics for technical sessions. Dick asked if the intention was to have
Claude give the update in French or have Suri Harish give the presentation.
Denis said that was being decided between Angelo and Claude. Javid and
Marlon raised the issue that the event should not detract from the Spring
Conference. Dick indicated that if the update was to be given by Claude,
then the date could be moved to a separate timeframe apart from the Spring
Conference, whereas if Suri were to give the update, then the session would
have to be around the date of the Spring Conference.
- Action Item: Denis to report on the results of the session
planning, and to ensure that consideration be given to the issues raised.
- Action Item: Dick to follow up with Angelo and Claude on the
planning of the session.
- Web Site Maintenance
- There is a large amount of historical information stored on the web
site. This includes minutes of meetings from years past, information and
presentations from technical sessions. Discussion to examine how much
historical information should be stored on the web site, and when it is
appropriate to archive the data to a hardcopy record, and remove from the
- Discussion: Consensus was that a year's worth of meeting minutes
was sufficient content to be available on the web site. John suggested that
historical content be burned onto a CD, and the web site be updated to
reflect that if content was desired that it would be made available.
- Action Item: Javid to discuss with Randy the appropriate
mechanism for storing historical information and initiate archiving and
removal from the web site.
- Spring Conference Planning
- Date and Location: April 14, 2004 at the Metro Toronto Convention
Centre. Education Day on April 15, 2004.
- Line Item Review of Conference Checklist Items.
- Next Meeting
- Date and Time: Friday Feb 13th, 12:00PM – 1:30PM
- Location: Conference Call
- Meeting Adjourned
- Moved by Dick, seconded by Alvin
- Adjourned at 1:15 PM
- Minutes taken by: Javid Quadri