CTUG Regular Executive Board Meeting
December 5, 2003 - Minutes
12:10PM – 12:58PM
- Previous meeting approval
- Approval moved by Alvin, seconded by Marc
- Technical Session - Toronto
- Numbers and Survey Results
- 46 people attended
- Positive feedback from attendees
- Lunch break was too long
- Food was good
- Shipping at Metro Hall was a challenge
- In general, presentations were well received.
- SafeTGate presentation was perceived as being too much of a sales
pitch, and not a general presentation.
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to provide feedback to presenters
- Technical Session – Montreal
- Registration Process, Numbers and Survey Results
- 25 people attended
- Angelo D’Amore from HP preprinted receipts for attendees
- 100% Surveys were returned due to Marc’s insistence that they be
completed prior to lunch
- Agenda was modified to shorten lunch break
- Atalla presentation was switched with HP presentation
- Well received
- Future sessions should focus dialogue with the end user
- Future Sessions
- Planned session in January for ITUG review
- Spring Conference Planning
- Site Visit: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Marlon, Javid, Philippe and Dick visited the potential venue for the
- The site has a lot of room, more than enough to fill our needs and the
needs of our exhibitors.
- The location is excellent, is well known and very accessible.
- Only caveat is that the MTCC is more expensive than St. Andrew’s.
- Consensus of the board was to move forward with the MTCC as the venue
of choice for the 2004 Spring Conference
- Proposed theme is ‘NonStop in a Diverse World: Integration in Business
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to provide Dick with vendor list for review
- ACTION ITEM: Javid/Dick to inform HP Education of the topic for
selection of education day course
- In Toronto, Christmas lunch will take place on December 12th,
location to be determined.
- In Montreal, Marc will coordinate with Denis Cormier and Angelo D’Amore.
- Next Meeting
- Second week in January
- Conference Call
- Meeting Adjourned
- Moved by Javid, seconded by Dick
- Adjourned at 12:58 PM
- Minutes taken by: Javid Quadri