CTUG Regular Executive Board Meeting
November 14, 2003 - Minutes
11:40PM – 12:15PM
- Previous meeting approval
- Approval moved by Alvin, seconded by Philippe
- Web master - handover to Randall Becker – in progress
- ACTION ITEM: Randall to report on progress of website handover
- Javid reported that there were many problems with the website,
specifically the registration process. Javid was working with Joseph,
Alvin and Randall to resolve the issues. The problems were related to the
online credit card payment. These problems included being unable to
decrypt messages based on the key provided by CanHost and the loss of
messages. As the registration process was tied to the credit card payment,
all registrations were lost.
- Randall reported that he would be able to work on the web site and
would attempt to address the issues following the meeting. It was agreed
that a deadline would be set after which online credit card payment would
not be offered and the old (functioning) system of registration would be
used. The technical session was only 10 days away, so time was of the
- Randall asked if a French version of the website would be beneficial.
It was agreed that Marc would work with Randall on developing the French
- November Technical Session
- Current Numbers
- As a result of the website problems, no registrations had been
accepted. It was required to have people reregister for the session once
the website registration process was in place.
- Emails have been sent out. Additional emails will be sent out once the
registration process is finalized.
- Telephone Calling to Promote Session
- Javid asked for volunteers to participate in calling members directly
in the event that the registration process went slowly. Philippe
volunteered to participate. John indicated that he could contact members
at the TSX, and could possibly do some calling. Marc and Denis indicated
that they would contact key members in organisations in Montreal to spread
the word about the session.
- Session Details – Toronto (Who is attending, Who does what, etc.)
- Javid and Alvin indicated that they would be at the venue at 7:30am.
The registration process would commence at 8:00am.
- Session Details – Montreal (Who is attending, Who does what, etc.)
- Angelo D’Amore of HP and Marc would be hosting the session. (It was
doubtful as to whether Denis could make it.)
- It was agreed that a receipt book would be purchased and that written
receipts would be issued. If there was an objection, then an official CTUG
invoice would be issued after the fact.
- The Montreal session was to be cash only.
- The venue and the food were arranged. Angelo would forward the cost of
the event to the board so that payment could be delivered on the day of
- Location for next Spring Conference
- ACTION ITEM: Continue investigating alternatives.
- Javid reported that he has been in contact with the Metro Toronto
Convention Centre. A site visit would be arranged following the technical
session on Security.
- Next Meeting
- December 5th 2003
- Conference Call
- Meeting Adjourned
- Moved by Dick, seconded by Pio
- Adjourned at 12:15 PM
- Minutes taken by: Javid Quadri