CTUG Regular Executive Board Meeting
October 2, 2003 - Minutes
11:45AM – 1:10PM
- Previous meeting approval
- Moved by Dick, seconded by Pio
- Nomination of New Board Members and Volunteers.
- The following people have been added:
- John Lee as Director of Communications
- Marc Lafontaine as Director in Montreal
- Denis Cormier as Volunteer in Montreal
- After introductions, John and Marc were unanimously accepted on to the
board. Denis was welcomed as a volunteer to provide support in Montreal.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Board finalized the NDA at the last meeting.
- Received so far: Dick, Alvin, John, Philippe
- ACTION ITEM: Board members to return signed copy to Javid for
DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: Address change to be done to CTUG Inc. c/o
Dick Bird, HP Canada, 675 Cochrane Dr., Markham Ontario, L3R 0Y7.
- Accountant has been selected: Sims and Company, 346 Forman Avenue,
Toronto, Ont. Contact: Steve Sims 416-481-9101x22
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to have cheques reprinted without addresses.
Nearly Complete: But questionable charges require Alvin to follow up.
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to work with accountant to finalize books and
complete outstanding items
DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: Alvin to contact Visa and Amex to change
- Status: Defer to the accountant
DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: Alvin to change address during business
- Status: Alvin will verify by June 14th 2003
In Alvin’s absence, Javid updated the board. The draft copy of the books
has been received from the accountant. Alvin is in the process of reviewing
them for content.
ACTION ITEM: Alvin to complete report in the next meeting.
General Liability Insurance for board members
- Status: Defer to the accountant
List Server Decision
- Javid reported that a quote has been requested from KRG.
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to follow up with KRG regarding quote.
- ACTION ITEM: (Carry over) Randy to provide Javid with additional contact
numbers for additional quotes.
- DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: Javid and Randy to follow up. Non-critical.
To be looked at later. The current procedure works fine. When Javid and
Randy can get together, they will work out something. A change has been made
to the CanHost list server support.
- DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: As time permits, investigate the CanHost
- Joseph indicated that there were other options to what CanHost provides,
including ASP functions that could serve as a members’ area. He has
indicated a willingness to help with that.
- No Update.
Access to Metro Hall Facilities
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to purchase the honoraria and deliver to the
- No Update.
November Technical Session
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to finalize the access and arrange for the use
of the facilities for the November technical session.
- Javid reported that CTUG has received confirmation for use of the
Council Chamber at Metro Hall for November 25th.
Location for next Spring Conference
- ACTION ITEM: Dick, Randall and Philippe to form a subcommittee
to arrive at a topic and provide speakers that can make presentations in
Toronto and Montreal
- Dick introduced the topic of Security for the technical session. After
discussion, this was accepted as a viable and relevant topic.
- As CTUG representatives at ITUG, Dick and Randy were to approach
potential speakers to determine their availability.
- In addition, Dick was to approach HP speakers and other contacts for
- Denis agreed to approach Loto-Québec and the Montreal Stock Exchange
to see if there was anyone willing to speak to the community.
- Javid said that, if necessary, ITUG could be contacted for speaker
- Javid and Denis joined the subcommittee
- ACTION ITEM: Subcommittee to provide speakers for the session.
- Date and Location
- Toronto, Metro Hall, November 25th\
- Montreal, Institut international des télécommunications, November 26th.
Ratification of ITUG Regional Agreement
- ACTION ITEM: Javid and Pio to decide on a venue
- Pio indicated that he was having trouble contacting the potential
- Javid reported that he was looking at the Ontario Bar Association
facilities, and the Metro Convention Centre.
- ACTION ITEM: Continue investigating alternatives.
- Javid expressed concern regarding a clause in Section D indicating that
upon termination, the REGION will turn over the membership list to ITUG.
Randy stated that this would be contrary to the laws of Canada and could not
be complied with. The board voted to remove this clause from the agreement.
- The board ratified the agreement, subject to the removal of the
aforementioned clause in Section D.
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to communicate with ITUG regarding the CTUG
- ITUG has been communicated and we are awaiting their response.
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to follow up and deliver signed agreement to
CTUG Representation at ITUG
- Web master - handover to Randall Becker – in progress
- No Update.
- Randall was asked to act as the official CTUG representative for ITUG.
Among the things that have been requested of Randall during his attendance
at ITUG are:
- Ensure vendors are coming to the CTUG conference
- Determine if there are any speakers that would be good as presenters
at a technical session or key notes at the conference and see if we can
interest them in presenting for us.
- Determine if there are any topics that would be of particular interest
to our members. We can use them in future sessions.
- Make contact with members from Montreal, and determine if they have
any issues or questions regarding our renewed presence in Montreal
- Determine the interest level in Alberta. (Not that we necessarily will
do anything about it at this time, being busy with Montreal, but it may be
something where we get contacts and gauge interest for future reference.)
- Generally see what other things are around that will help maintain and
grow the organisation.
- CTUG in Montreal
- Javid met with Marc Lafontaine, Denis Cormier, Angelo D’Amore (HP) and
Dick Bird (HP) regarding the expectations for Montreal participation.
- Marc agreed to join the board as a Director
- Denis agreed to act as a volunteer to assist Marc in his
- It was agreed that Marc and Denis were to act as hosts of the technical
sessions in Montreal, including coordination of the event and acting as MCs.
In addition, Marc and Denis will act as liaisons between members and HP.
- HP will provide the location for the technical sessions and may provide
- CTUG will promote the events through email, ensuring that a French
version is delivered to the members in Montreal. In addition, CTUG will
organize the event, including arranging for speakers, registration
- Next Meeting
- October 30th, 2003
- Conference Call
- Meeting Adjourned
- Adjourned at 1:10PM
- Minutes taken by: Javid Quadri