CTUG Regular Executive Board Meeting
May 9, 2003 - Minutes
Dick Bird, Hewlett Packard Company Delegate
Javid Quadri. Director of Communication
Alvin Wong, Director of Finance
Joseph Iuso, Past President
Pio Gomes, Director at Large
Yann L’Huillier, Director at Large
Randall Becker, President
Marlon Henry, Director of SIGs
11:50am - 12:50pm
Quotes, King Street West, Toronto
Next Meeting Date/Location:
June 7th at 5:00 at Quotes.
- Previous meeting minutes.
- Moved by Javid. Seconded by Alvin.
- Unanimously approved
- Welcoming Yann to the board
- DEFERRED: 2002 Financial Report. ACTION:
Alvin to circulate.
- ACTION ITEM: Address change to be done to CTUG Inc. c/o
Dick Bird, HP Canada, 675 Cochrane Dr., Markham Ontario, L3R 0Y7.
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to have cheques will reprinted
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to contact Visa and Amex to change
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to change address during business
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to find accountant for the books
- Wrap-up/Post-Mortem from Spring Conference
- Complaints received about invoices. Invoices should be sent in advance
to companies rather than to people rather than to the company. Action is to
take payments over the Internet.
- Some of the vendors want the attendee list. In the past we have never
given out e-mail addresses and shouldn’t in the future based on our privacy
policy. We can consider, however, on a request basis, send out mailers on a
- Attendees were 67 paid, 15 vendors companies.
- Next year, and technical session, we should ask companies for
sponsorship for many different items, including pads, pens, and badges.
- ACTION ITEM: Alvin to provide an attendees summary
- June Technical Session
- Dick suggested the subject of Itanium Migration
- Product Management at NED has requested that we do this in Toronto and
Montreal with lots of HP help.
- Suggested dates: June 18th Toronto, June 19th
- Venues to be checked: Royal Bank, Metro Hall, TSX (Toronto). Venue for
Montreal already established by Angelo.
- Technical Session Subcommittee: Yann, Javid, Dick
- CaNUC update
- We’re waiting for the first meeting with HP to be arranged
- Thanking Joseph for being Past President
- Joseph has volunteered to be web master for the time being
- Changing of the President
- Randall's term as president has come to an end
- Randall nominated Javid for president, seconded by Dick. Unanimous.
- Director of Membership: Pio
- Director of Finance: Alvin
- Director of SIGs: Marlon
- Director of Communication: Yann
- HP Liaison: Dick
- Web Content: Joseph as a volunteer
- ACTION ITEM: web site/content, distribution lists, mail
aliases to be updated.
- CTUG Spring Invitational 2003
- June 20th, 2003 is the projected date, June 13th
- ACTION ITEM: Randall to follow-up with the board (Don
- Corporate Membership
- Suggestion by Javid to have a separate type of membership. Deferred to
next board meeting.
- General Liability Insurance for board members
- ACTION ITEM: Javid to investigate and discuss this.
- List-Server Decision
- DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: Javid and Joseph to follow up.
Non-critical. To be looked at later. The current procedure works fine. When
Javid and Christian can get together, they will work out something. A change
has been made to the canhost list server support.
- DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: As time permits, investigate the
- Joseph indicated that there were other options to what CanHost provides,
including ASP functions that could serve as a members area. He has indicated
a willingness to help with that.
- ACTION ITEM: Dick and Angelo to try to get the 92 names
from that area from Francois. To be followed up by the June Tech Session
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Legal subcommittee has been reviewing the NDA and has attached the
latest edition for discussion. No update.
- Issue of how to handle legal advice was raised at HP summit. User groups
didn't want to discuss this matter at all.
- DEFERRED ACTION ITEM: Will continue to examine it do so
and present at the next board meeting.
- Next Meeting June 7th at 5:00 at Quotes.
- Meeting Adjourned
- Moved by Randall. Seconded by Pio.
- Adjourned at 12:50
Minutes taken by: Randall Becker